Operation - Save the Tahoe Basin MAKE A DONATION
The recent Caldor and Tamarack fires were a wake-up call to the very real and potentially devastating threat wildfire is to our great Tahoe Basin. Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District believes our community can improve our level of protection and response through a FIRE RESCUE HELICOPTER PROGRAM.
Currently, there are no dedicated aerial resources for our area, but by implementing one in our District that serves the Lake Tahoe Basin and surrounding areas, we could dramatically increase our ability to save lives, properties, infrastructure, wildlife, and the National Treasure that is Lake Tahoe.
What would a program like this provide?
- Initial fire attack that would suppress fires quickly when they are small - 24/7, 365 days
- Emergency rescue from the air - 24/7, 365 days
- The capability of dropping 1,000 gallons of water on a fire
- The capability to drop a Helitack Crew on the ground for fire suppression
- An onboard paramedic with full advanced life support equipment to perform emergency life-saving skills
- A hoist to perform rescues in remote or hard to get to locations
- The capability for night flying to detect and suppress fires and for search and rescue operations
- Non-emergency fuels reduction work to establish fuel breaks around neighborhoods and businesses in the Lake Tahoe area
How can you help make this program a reality?
- Public Support – SPREADING THE WORD - We need your help in spreading the word of this new program to your friends, neighbors, HOA's, etc.
- Political Support – TDFPD is in the process of contacting local, state, and federal government officials for their support in making this program a reality for the Tahoe Basin. More information to come.
- Charitable Donations – We have an online donation option set up for community members and businesses to donate towards the helicopter program.
Please follow the instructions and link below to donate to our FIRE RESCUE HELICOPTER PROGRAM:
Click the link Submit Payment / Select Payment Type #6. Donation / Fill in the section Notes: HELICOPTER / Add Amount & Payment Information / Continue, Agree & Submit.
If you would like to set up a formal presentation for your group, business, homeowner's association, GID, or would like more information on protecting Tahoe with a FIRE RESCUE HELICOPTER PROGRAM, call our office at 775-588-3591.