Burn permits are NOT currently being issued from any of our TDFPD fire stations.
You must have a valid burn permit at the burn site at all times.
- Call 775-782-7964 after 08:30 AM, but before you burn. This call must be made each day before you burn.
- Fires shall not be started before 8:30 a.m. and shall be fully extinguished by 3:00 p.m.
- Fires shall be for hazard reduction of cleared vegetation ONLY.
- Maximum pile size shall be 3 foot diameter. Only one burn pile is permitted. Additional materials may be fed into the active burn pile as it burns down.
- Area within 10 feet of outer edge of pile shall be maintained free and clear of all flammable material and vegetation. Burn Pile shall be a minimum of 25’ from any structures; any condition that would allow a fire to spread to a structure shall be eliminated.
- There shall be an adult in attendance with a shovel until the fire is dead out.
- A water supply (preferably a charged garden hose) shall be at the burning site.
- No burning shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (particularly wind) are such that burning can be considered safe.
- Permittee shall exercise due care as to not create annoying smoke conditions for neighbors.
- Any violation of the above regulations may be due cause for revocation of burning permit.
- Burn permits may be suspended without notice due to unfavorable weather conditions or fire danger.
YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPRESSION COSTS OF AN ESCAPED FIRE!
ASH CAN PROGRAM
The Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District has partnered with Kingsbury Hardware to provide ash cans to the homeowners of the Fire District for the safe disposal of hot ashes. This program is available free of charge to residents of the Fire District who use a wood burning appliance to heat their homes.
To obtain a free ash can, homeowners can download the Ash Can Voucher attached below. Vouchers are also available at Station 23 in Round Hill across from Safeway. Completed vouchers can be exchanged for an ash can at Kingsbury Hardware while supplies last.
Full ash cans can be dumped at TDFPD Station #23, 193 Elks Point Road, Zephyr Cove, in the rear parking lot in a bright red dumpster.
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENTS BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE ASH CAN PROGRAM
Download the Ash Can Voucher here.