Burn permits are NOT currently being issued from any of our TDFPD fire stations.
You must have a valid burn permit at the burn site at all times.
- Call 775-782-7964 after 08:30 AM, but before you burn. This call must be made each day before you burn.
- Fires shall not be started before 8:30 a.m. and shall be fully extinguished by 3:00 p.m.
- Fires shall be for hazard reduction of cleared vegetation ONLY.
- Maximum pile size shall be 3 foot diameter. Only one burn pile is permitted. Additional materials may be fed into the active burn pile as it burns down.
- Area within 10 feet of outer edge of pile shall be maintained free and clear of all flammable material and vegetation. Burn Pile shall be a minimum of 25’ from any structures; any condition that would allow a fire to spread to a structure shall be eliminated.
- There shall be an adult in attendance with a shovel until the fire is dead out.
- A water supply (preferably a charged garden hose) shall be at the burning site.
- No burning shall be undertaken unless weather conditions (particularly wind) are such that burning can be considered safe.
- Permittee shall exercise due care as to not create annoying smoke conditions for neighbors.
- Any violation of the above regulations may be due cause for revocation of burning permit.
- Burn permits may be suspended without notice due to unfavorable weather conditions or fire danger.
YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPRESSION COSTS OF AN ESCAPED FIRE!