To provide a clear process for tracking special events and potentially hazardous activities, the Fire District has an Operational Permit program. There is no fee to apply for Operational Permits, but there may be fees associated with event requirements (i.e. ambulance/fire engine standby).
Permit requests must be submitted at least fifteen business days prior to the activity requiring the permit.
types of activities
require an Operational Permit
- Carnivals and fairs
- Cutting and welding (hot work)
- Exhibits and trade shows
- Use of a fire hydrant
- Use and storage of flammable and
combustible liquids (in excess of amounts
necessary for routine maintenance)
- Hazardous materials storage (in excess of
amounts in table 105.6.20 of the IFC)
- High piled storage exceeding 500 sq ft.
- Fueled vehicles or equipment inside assembly areas
- Open burning
- Open flames and torches in hazardous fire area
- Open flames and candles in assembly areas,
dining areas or drinking areas
- Places of Public Assembly
- Pyrotechnic special effects, including fireworks
- Temporary membrane structures, tents, and canopies
The Fire District is committed to partnering with the community to provide for public safety while allowing for successful code-compliant activities. This permit process will identify safety issues that can be addressed prior to the event.
Please call our office at 775.588.3591, if you have any questions about operational permits.
Download the attached Operational Permit Application below.