We are now taking requests for the 2023 Community Work Day Assitance Program!!
Please see the schedule below to confirm when we will be in your neighborhood & sign up your property for assistance at the link below!
2023 Community Work Days:
1. Uppaway Estates / Glenbrook - June 3 & 4
2. Hidden Woods / Lakeridge / Cave Rock / Logan Creek - June 10 & 11
3. Skyland Region - June 17 and 18
4. Marla Bay / Zephyr Heights / Zephyr Knolls / Lincoln HWY - June 24 and 25
5. Kahle / ELks Ave. / Round Hill - July 8 & 9
6. Lower Kingsbury / Chimney Rock - July 15 & 16
7. Upper Kingsbury ( streets above The Chart House) - July 22 & 23
REQUEST COMMUNITY WORK DAY ASSISTANCE
WHY THE NEED FOR COMMUNITY WORKDAYS?
TDFPD has been actively consulting with homeowners since 2006 and has seen the challenges that residents face in our fire district with cutting native brush and trees and/or moving material to the road where it can be hauled away or chipped.
WHAT IS DONE ON A COMMUNITY WORKDAY?
To address this problem, the Fire District began our Community Workday Program. The Fire District has set aside one weekend for each of eight major neighborhoods. On that weekend, the Zephyr Fire Crew completes defensible space treatments on publicly owned urban lots and assists any homeowners with their defensible space.
Many homeowners simply need a person with a chainsaw to cut some of the taller brush or small trees on the property, and the Zephyr Crew is able to offer that assistance.
WHEN IS MY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY WORKDAY?
The Fire District dispatches the Zephyr Crew into our neighborhoods every summer to assist homeowners with the removal of shrubs, trimming up tree branches from the ground and chipping of these flammable fuels.
Appointments are not required; just watch for the Zephyr Crew vehicle cruising your neighborhoods between 9am - 4pm.